All athletes must complete the following steps to be eligible to play on a South Medford athletic team. If you have questions, please contact the South Medford Athletic Office at (541) 842-5350.
Step 1: Attend a Sports Eligibility Night
South Medford schedules several "Sports Eligibility Nights" throughout the year to discuss eligibility issues for upcoming seasons. Locations and times of these meetings will be made known through our school announcements.
Step 2: Stay Academically Eligible:
- Athletes must pass 10 classes/earn 2.5 credits in the previous two quarters
- Athletes must be currently enrolled and in good standing in at least 5 classes
Step 3: Complete a Physical Exam (which is valid for two years)
Important: OSAA requires physicians to use the "OSAA School Sports Pre-Participation Examination" form when conducting physical exams. You can download this form directly from the OSAA web site by clicking on this link. Hardcopies of this form are also available from the Athletic Department or from the OSAA.
Participating Area Physicians:
- Valley Immediate Care (2 locations)
1600 Delta Waters Road #107, Medford 858-2515
- WINCO Shopping Center, Medford 773-4029
Cost: $40 -No appointment necessary at either location
- Dr. Scott Lens
104 North Royal, Eagle Point 826-6800 – speak with Kimberly
- Dr. Charles Anderson
1550 Biddle Rd Suite D, Medford 779-9650
Cost: $30 – ($10 back to school’s athletic program!!)
- Valley Family Practice
615 Second Avenue
Central Point 664-5505
$45 – Appointments: M – F 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Sat. 9:00 a.m. – noon
Step 4: Complete a South Medford Athletics Participation Form
All athletes must complete and sign this form which includes parent and emergency contact information, proof of insurance, participation conditions, and an agreement to the tenets of our code of conduct for athletics and activities.
Step 5: Participation Fees
- Each athlete will pay $150 per sport with a $300 cap per athlete
- No family cap for fees
- Payment plans and scholarships are available
- Fees must be paid to the Activities Office prior to practicing (getting on field/court)
- All fees are non-refundable
- If you would like to make a scholarship contribution, please call the South Medford Athletics Office at 842-5350.