Medford School District 549C -  Home
[Site Map]    [Advanced Search]

Back to Lone Pine Elementary

AR Bookfinder
Bus Routes
Library Catalog
Lunch Menu
Map of Attendance Area
Parent Handbooks
Photo Album
Principal's Message
School Schedules
School Supplies 2015-2016
TRACKS to Success
Wildcat Newsletter
World Book Online
Events & Facilities
Medication Administration
Medication Permission Form (1 of 2)

Medication Log (2 of 2)

Web Links

3158 Lone Pine Road
Medford, OR 97504
Phone: 541-842-3820
Fax: 541-842-3319
Contact: Kristi Anderson, Principal
Hours: 7:30 - 3:30, Monday through Friday

Today's Weather

Subscribe for email updates
Medication Administration

 Medford School District 549c
Authorization for Medication Administration and Self-Medication Administration
 (Required Forms available on menu on left)
Medication Administration by School Personnel
Medford School District 549C complies with Oregon State Law requiring that ALL medications administered at school have a signed authorization form from the parents giving specific instructions for administration. This includes over-the-counter medications such as cough drops or Tylenol. Forms are available in the school office. Whenever possible, medication should be given at times other than school hours.
  1. A permission form must be filled out by the parent/guardian to administer medications.
  2. The medication must be supplied in the original labeled container.
  3. Students cannot transport their own medications. 
  4. Changes to the medication must be made by the parent/guardian in writing.
The label must include: your studentís name, name of medication, amount of dosage, route to be administered, time to be given, any special instructions and physician name (for prescription medication).  A current pharmacy label meets this requirement. 
Self- Medication Administration by Student
Students who are developmentally and/or behaviorally able, will be allowed to self-administer prescription and non-prescription medication, including prescription inhalers, subject to the following:
  1. A permission form must be submitted for all self-administration of prescription and nonprescription medication and requires permission from parent and school administrator.
  2. Self-administration of prescription medication also requires permission from physician or other licensed health care professional.
The medication label must include: your studentís name, name of medication, amount of dosage, route to be administered, time to be given, any special instructions and physician name (for prescription medication).  A current pharmacy label meets this requirement.
The student may have in his/her possession only the amount of medication needed for that school day. Sharing of medication with another student is strictly prohibited. Violation can result in discipline, which may include suspension or expulsion.  Permission to self-medicate may be revoked if the student violates school district policy governing administration of non-injectable medication and/or these regulations.
The following School Board Policies and Oregon regulations apply to medication at school and can be viewed at
  • School Board Policy J.HCD Dispensing Medication at School
  • School Board Policy J.HCD-AR Administering Non-injectable Medications to Students
  • School Board Policy J.HCDA Administering Injectable Medicines to Students
Oregon Administrative Rule 581-021-0037               

549C Medford School District

Medford School District 549C Mission Statement
We are a high quality teaching and learning organization dedicated to preparing all students to graduate with a sound educational foundation, ready to succeed in post-secondary education, and to be contributing community members.

Medford Public Schools 549C recognizes the diversity and worth of all individuals and groups and their roles in society and our community. It is the policy of the Medford School Board that there will be no discrimination or harassment of individuals or groups on the grounds of age, color, creed, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation in any educational programs, activities or employment.
For District Federal Title Program compliance, please contact the Office of Federal Programs: (541) 842-3633
For District Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act compliance, please contact the Office of Special Education & Student Services: (541) 842-3628
For District American Disabilities Act compliance, please contact the Office of Human Resources: (541) 842-3625

printer friendly version Printer friendly version If you have questions regarding the site, please contact the webmaster.| Terms of Use | Built using Project A's Site-in-a-Box ©2010