Extracurricular Code of Conduct
Medford School District 549c
Participation Standards for Extracurricular
Code of Conduct
1. Understand and support athletic programs and their expectations as defined in the Participation Standards for Medford School District athletics.
ROLE IN PROGRAM SUCCESS
2. Understand team rules, discipline, and technique corrections of stu-dents.
3. Live up to the high standard of sportsmanship established by the Medford School District for athletic programs.
4. Avoid public displays of anger and/or displeasure.
5. Be a good role model for your sons and daughters by positively supporting teams.
6. Leave coaching of the team, playing time, position, and placement on junior varsity or varsity to the head coach and staff.
7. Respect opposing fans, officials, coaches, and participants.
8. Approach coaches before, during, and after games with positive comments. Withhold negative comments regarding the game, athlete(s), or coaching until such time that the concern can be addressed in an atmosphere conducive to effective problem solving.
1. Attend and positively participate in all scheduled practices.
ROLE IN PROGRAM SUCCESS
2. Follow directions as communicated by the coach promptly and effectively.
3. Participate positively in all skill, knowledge, and application exercises as assigned by the coach.
4. Accept seriously the responsibility and privilege of representing the school and community by displaying positive public actions.
5. Accept authority and supervision in a positive manner at all times.
6. Communicate effectively with the coach and teammates.
7. Work cooperatively with the coach and team members as a problem solver.
8. Demonstrate loyalty to the school, coach, and the team.
9. Treat fellow students, opponents, their fans, and adults with dignity and respect.
10. Refrain from conversations that foster dissention.
11. Respect the judgment and integrity of contest officials, abide by rules of the contest, and display appropriate behavior at all times.
12. Be a positive role model for fellow athletes.
13. Live up to the high standard of sportsmanship established by the Medford School District for athletic programs.
14. Avoid public displays of anger and/or displeasure.
15. Successfully meet OSAA rules and regulations.
16. Maintain passing grades.
FANSí ROLE IN PROGRAM SUCCESS
In keeping with the districtís goal of teaching and demonstrating the highest levels of sportsmanship during the athletic contests, we expect fans to demonstrate conduct appropriate for high school activities at all times. The Medford School Districtís expectation for positive fan behavior is a higher standard than one would expect to see tolerated at college or professional sports events.
The district assumes that adults understand and will demonstrate gen-eral behaviors that are appropriate. However, the following guidelines are presented to ensure a clear understanding of some behaviors that are unacceptable.
Fans may not:
1. Engage any human beings in an angry or aggressive manner on school property or at school activities. This includes referees, coaches, other fans, parents/guardians, students, or school personnel.
2. Use swear words or vulgarity on school property or at school activities.
3. Threaten, verbally or physically, any person including referees, fans, coaches, players, spectators, or school personnel at any time on school property or at school activities.
4. Create public displays of anger and/or displeasure.
Violation of these standards may result in the removal of the fan from school and/or school activity.